We've Got Your Backs
We are a grassroots volunteer collective of parents of children with spina bifida and individuals with lived spina bifida experience. We help connect members of the community and provide information and resources to spina bifida families.
Medical Travel Support Fund
People living with spina bifida often require specialized medical treatment. Such treatment is often available only in certain locations, resulting in families incurring significant travel costs. SBCAN’s Medical Travel Support Fund helps to offset travel costs for those who must travel at least 200kms away from home.
- Review the guidelines to see if your travel qualifies.
- Complete the application and confirmation of appointment forms and submit (details on the form).
A number of these activities are already underway, donations could support several programs including:
- Provide regular updates to member families regarding spina bifida related resources, therapies, funding sources, and medical research
- Produce educational materials relating to life with spina bifida
- Support community gatherings in locations across the country facilitated by local chapter volunteers
- Facilitate guest speakers and workshops for children with spina bifida and their families
- Provide financial support for travel for spina bifida related medical treatment
- Provide scholarships for people with spina bifida for post-secondary studies